Tuesday, November 27, 2007

67th Post

Darkness falls.
A cold wind blows.
A gentle rattle of the window.
The soft glow of the silent television.

Another night.
To be spent alone.

Waiting for that special someone.
That will never show up.

Am i to wait in vain?
I know not.

Friends once asked me.
You used to hate the drink.
Why the sudden love for it now?

I don't know.
Maybe it's because.
I find temporary happiness in it.
And that i will enter.
A dreamless sleep.

Call me stupid.
Call me dumb.
Condemn me.

I don't care.

You may ask.
Why do you not care?
Reason is very simple.

My life.
My rules.

Not happy?
Don't be my friend then.


Perhaps i have one final role to play in this life.
To live the life of a dreamer.

Always dreaming.
Never wishing to wake up.

Because to a certain degree.
I find comfort in living in a dream world.

A world in which i can shape and manipulate.
According to my whims and wishes.
A world to escape from.
When reality gets too much to bear.

No one to bother me.
No one to lecture me on what to do.

Just me.
And my perfect dream world.