Tuesday, September 9, 2008

219th Post

Another night in the bars.
Enjoying another glass.
Served up by my favorite bartender.

Hate.

Raging like the fires of hell.
That burns my very soul.
As day passes.

I feel that.
The heart that beats.
No longer feels like mine.

The blood that flows in this veins.
No longer belongs to me.

There are times.
I want to turn back the clock.

But alas.
Time only moves in the forward direction.

And so begrudgingly.
I have no choice.
But to follow the flow of time.

Slowly a wall of silence.
Builds around me.

Further and further.
The sounds of laughter becomes distant.

The smiles become nothing more.
Than a figment of the past.

Would my demise.
Lead me to a path of happiness?

Or would it lead me into a path.
Much darker than the current one.

Guess.
Only time will tell.

For i no longer know.
What the future holds for me.

But for now.
The long slow painful process of healing.
Begins.

But sadly.
The scars will forever remain.