Sunday, December 23, 2007

92nd Post

The day approaches. Christmas is round the bend. Have you done all your last minute shopping? Wrapped up all your presents? Happily anticipating what will your gifts be for the Christmas year of 2007? But yet, i don't feel any Christmas joy or the spirit.

As the candle of 2007 burns to nearly its end. How was 2007 like for you?

For me, it was pretty much a neutral year for me. Yeah, there were ups and downs. I felt like time could have been better spent on a lot more stuffs, instead of just wasting it away. But i had a spell of slight depression, and was driven to drink and drink and drink, until there is no tomorrow. If it wasn't for this online journal, i would have most likely be remitted to a hospital for the mentally insane. I was thinking of shelving the plan of getting my driving license after i broke up with my last girlfriend. I was thinking of giving up on everything. It was like just one big "Screw everything else. I just want to curl up and be alone" kind of feeling. Until now, it's still there. Buried deep inside my mind.

Oh well, that's life for me. I'm constantly getting burned by my actions and reasoning, which i wish i hadn't carried out. For the end result, is bad memories, forever etched in the mind. Whose only purpose is to inflict burn wounds onto me and to cause me anguish and pain as a constant reminder of the horrific aftermath of my decision to follow through. But i guess, that's merely being human. For humans can only and truly learn if they have committed a mistake. But how will they eventually correct it or repeat it? i do not and will never know that answer.

As i round up this post, I wonder. What will be in store for me in 2008? Will it be a good one? Or will it just be another quiet year to pass? Have you made your New Year Resolutions yet?