274th Post
The smell of gunpowder.
The sound of rounds hitting flesh.
As all my comrades around me fall.
Slain by enemies unseen.
Suddenly.
The gunfire ceases.
An eerie silence settles over the battlefield.
I am the last survivor of a war.
That has been raging on.
For time unknown.
As i crawl about.
Bleeding from my own wounds.
Some which are fatal under normal circumstances.
I had no choice.
But to feed on the blood of the dead.
And the dying.
As i whisper a prayer to those departed.
My heart aches.
For i know i will never see them ever again.
But i seek comfort.
In the knowledge that at least.
Their souls have been released from this mortal anguish.
But mine?
I'm still trapped.
Trapped in this body.
That is destined to never age a second.
Ever again.
Bound by a curse that stops time.
Feeding on the blood of the living.
Until now.
I wonder.
Will i ever be released from this curse.
Or is this what i am destined to be.
A soul of a demon with the face of an angel.

