Tuesday, October 21, 2008

254th Post

And so it goes.
A replay of every student's nightmare.
The dreadful exams.

With just a little bit over 4 weeks.
The panic mode sets in.

Suddenly.
Everyone becomes busier then usual.

Me?
I remain in my dark corner.
The books remain untouched.

As i remain in a silent prayer.

Not for the exams.

But to find strength and perseverance.
In my search for true happiness.

I grow weary as the days pass.
Is this how depression feels?

The feeling of silent loneliness.
I like it.

But yet.
I loathe it at the same time.

Why so?

It seems like society has condemned me to be a puppet.

I have no choice.
But to jump.

When they pull the strings.

I wish to cut away these strings.
And to be free and happy.

The times we live in nowadays.
It's all littered with ironies and contradictions.

Where is the truth that once made us trust one another?
Has it got relegated into the way of the dinosaurs?

And so.
While floating aimlessly in the distorted dimension of lies.

I seek solace inside the protective bubble of silence.
Where neither lies nor truth exists.

But just pure blissful silence.